The state industrial policy gives high priority to Promotion of small scale, tiny and village industries and has taken lot of measures in this regard. Small-scale industries provide direct employment to millions of people. This report offers a exhaustive study of the current size, profile and physical location of the potential Industries sector in the districts followed by an assessment of the ‘growth potential’ of the sector over the next decade. The report is based upon intensive qualitative and quantitative research, focused through various approaches like on line searching, telephone interviewing, and desk research and face-to face interviews with the assistance of a questionnaire
This report highlights the current size and growth potential of the potential Industries.
An Industrial Potential Survey for four districts such as Raipur, Durg, Rajnandgaon, Kawardha, Dhantewada District with the primary aim of assessing and promoting the potential industrial development, particularly SSIs, based on study of the resources, infrastructural set up, existing units and incentive schemes. The main objectives of identifying and promoting industrial growth is to have balanced Regional development, to create more employment opportunities, to attract sizable investment and make domestic industries techno-commercially competent to meet internal and external challenges.The survey analysis led to identification of lot of new industries based on factors like easy availability of raw material, good infrastructure, productive labour and low investment capital required.
Objectives: 1. Assessment of resources available men and material, both present utilization of these resources and scope for further exploitation of the same. 2. To identify new industries having potential for development based on resources, demand and skill available in the area. 3. To analyse the basic infrastructure facilities available and need for augmenting the same particularly with regard to availability of power, transport, communication, marketing and industrial sheds/plots in the dist. 4. To examine the present status of existing industries with a view determine the scope for new industries, expansion of existing industries and setting up of ancillary industries. 5. To assess the need for various facilities and incentives for the development of industries in the area. 6. To prepare some market information reports of some of the projects, which are having scope for implementation in this district, emerging out of the result of the survey. 7. To suggest measures to build up the gaps in infrastructure facilities such as power, water, transport and communication etc. 8. To explore the possibilities of ancillary development based on the requirement of large and medium scale units located in the district and neighbouring districts. 9. To identify major problems and bottlenecks faced and suggest suitable policy measures to overcome the problems, so that prospective entrepreneurs are attracted to the large scale investment
Benefit & Outcome : Based on the exhaustive research, the report shows that:
• Action oriented inferences relating to problems and prospects of industrial units in the small scale, khadi village sectors, in order to improve the viability of these industrial units to enable them to withstand competition.
• Policy oriented research conclusions to assess the impact of existing policies and suggesting remedial measures for improvement of policies and programs appropriate for the development of the SSI, KVI and Coir sectors.
• Problem oriented studies highlighting finance, sickness, raw material and marketing aspects of industrial units or group of industries.
• Recommendations relating to technological problems faced by Small Scale, Village and Cottage Industries and measures for up gradation of technology of these industries.
• Industry related deductions to find out the problems of a specific industry and suggesting appropriate measures.
• Area specific findings at Block Level & District Level, particularly in respect of employment generation, income creation and creation/generation of new manufacturing techniques.
• Sector-specific Studies and Surveys such as a Modern Small Scale Industries, Agro based industries, Sunrise industries, Mineral based & Demand based industries etc.